Wade Trim’s roots trace back to 1926 when a small firm was created
in Dearborn, Michigan, not far from Henry Ford’s estate, to provide
professional engineering services to nearby municipalities. In 1951, a
teenage boy named Robert Wade was hired as a part-time drafter and survey
assistant. A young engineer named Don Trim was hired in 1964. Growing through
hard work and the buyouts of two small firms, Wade Trim emerged under the
leadership of Bob and Don in 1968. With a staff of 22, the firm moved to Taylor,
Michigan, in 1970.
As work grew in response to changing client needs, our staff and offices
grew through acquisitions and new client growth. We geographically diversified
to maintain local service by opening offices throughout central and northern
Michigan. In 1984, we expanded out of state by opening an office in Florida.
Further expansion followed with offices in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Nebraska, North Carolina, and Texas.
Today, Wade Trim employs more than 350 people in 22 offices throughout nine states.
Our expertise also grew to provide a full range of professional engineering,
planning, surveying, operations and landscape architecture services to meet the infrastructure
needs of government and industry.